Administrative Studies
Course
ADMS 3440
Professor
Soosan Latham
Semester
Fall

Description
Reflection: Building and managing teams Teamwork is a process of working cohesively with a group of people in order to achieve a certain aim or common goal, creating a positive working atmosphere. Teamwork means that people will try to cooperate, using their individual skills and providing constructive feedback, despite any personal conflict between individuals. What is an effective team? The textbook states there is several ingredients need to be in place for a team to work effectively. 1. The team performs. The teams output should meet the standards of those who have to use it. 2. Individual team members are satisfied and learn. Some teams work in a way that frustrates some members of the team; there should be a stronger teamwork in keeping the team members satisfied. The team adapts and learns. The members learn to anticipate one anothers moves and to respond appropriately to support those moves as they occur. Learn as a collective group. Importance of teamwork in Dollarama Now lets look at how we use teamwork at Dollarama in the customer service field. Teamwork is very important at my job because everyone knows that an organizations service level is only as good as its employees. If one employee decides not to show up for a shift during the week we have to put in more effort to make up for the lose of the absents of the other which can slower down our sales records. Everyone benefits by working together just like a motor, each part has its own job to do but on its own it would fall apart. Teamwork benefits all departments, profitability, sales etc. at my workplace. At Dollarama, Im the head cashier on the weekends but at my location it gets v
More Less

Related notes for ADMS 3440

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit