Administrative Studies
Course
ADMS 4501
Professor
Lois King
Semester
Winter

Description
Lecture DCF: - The discount rate should match with the risk of the cash flow in the numerator. WHEN DO WE USE RELATIVE VALUATION TECHNIQUES - When comparing companies in the same industry - Valuations ( price earning ratio, price cash flow ratio, price to sales ratio and price to book value ratio) fluctuates during market high and lows. a. Price earning TTM ( trailing twelve months) is based on the previous months. And its different from p0/ E1is a forecasted P/E b. EPS : i. DIVs ii. Retain it. So that Payout ratio + retention ratio ( or plow back ratio) = 100% EPS And so we can use this idea to find g ( growth rate) : ROE x Retention ratio. D 1 p 0 𝐸 1 = 𝐸 1 k−g Defensive companies: - Low beta Cyclical companies: Speculative companies: - Low chances of making huge money and high chances of making low money - Like start up companies Value vs growth investing A buy / hold/ sell rating by analyst BOND MARKET - Currencies market - Commodities - Bonds 100T ( 30% USA) - Equities 32T Three biggest issuers in USA - Government i. Federal ii. State iii. Municipal - Corporations - MBS -> derivatives - Other institutions – life insurers Purchases: - Commerc
More Less

Related notes for ADMS 4501

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit