Class Notes (1,100,000)
CA (650,000)
York (40,000)
ADMS (3,000)
ADMS 2200 (200)
Lecture 11

ADMS 2200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Intellectual Capital, Chief Technology Officer, Padmasree Warrior

Department
Administrative Studies
Course Code
ADMS 2200
Professor
Alexander Rusetski
Lecture

This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
ADMS 2200 Lecture 11 Notes New Technologies
Introduction
Many executives are wary of these new technologies because they cannot always
control the outcomes of their communications.
However, whether they are directly involved with social media or not, companies should
recognize that these messages are out there, so it behooves them to make their voices
heard.
Some experts say social media tools improve productivity because they keep employees
connected to their companies during non-office hours.
As well, social media can be an important way to learn about emerging trends.
André Schneider, chief operating officer of the World Economic Forum, uses feedback
from LinkedIn discussion groups and Facebook friends to discover emerging trends and
issues worldwide.
Padmasree Warrior, chief technology officer of Cisco, has used social media to refine her
presetatios efore a test audiee.
The first step in developing a social media strategy is establishing a brand for your
communicationsdefine what you want your social media presence to express.
Experts recommend that companies begin their social media strategy by leveraging their
iteral orporate etorks to test their strategy i a ediu that’s easier to otrol.
Most companies already have the technology to use social media through their
corporate websites.
Begin by using these platforms for communicating with employees and facilitating social
networks for general information sharing.
As social networking expert Soumitra Dutta fro Isead otes, My adie is to uild
your audiee sloly ad e seletie aout your otats.
Despite the potential advantages, organizations also need to be aware of significant
drawbacks to social media.
First, it’s ery diffiult to otrol social media communications.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version