ADMS 2610 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Legal Personality, Sole Proprietorship, Alimony

52 views4 pages

Document Summary

Easy to get started ,requires little cash ,permits a high degree of flexibility. Owner has total control and takes all profits. There is no legal entity between the person and the business, which can lead to huge tax advantages. you can deduct business expenses from other sources of revenues. If you run the business from home, you can deduct a portion(generally 10%) of your home expenses such as telephone, hydro(relating to water), mortgage and insurance from taxes. And it is frequently difficult to raise capital without putting your house up(put up= offer sth) for collateral(sth pledged as security for repayment of a loan). You can protect the ho(cid:373)e (cid:271)(cid:455) pla(cid:272)i(cid:374)g it i(cid:374) (cid:455)our part(cid:374)er"s (cid:374)a(cid:373)e a(cid:374)d (cid:271)u(cid:455) i(cid:374)sura(cid:374)(cid:272)e to (cid:272)o(cid:448)er (cid:373)ost eventualities(a tax deductible expense) Business could end upon death of proprietor(the owner of a business). P325 factors relevant to choosing the corporate form.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers