ARTH 1130 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Andrea Del Verrocchio, Très Riches Heures Du Duc De Berry, Orsanmichele

37 views14 pages

Document Summary

Interior looking at the altar: statue standing figure made by. Has plain wall surfaces is divided into 3 horizontal registers (the wall) Pietro(cid:272)a(cid:448)alli(cid:374)i"s chur(cid:272)h (cid:272)o(cid:373)pared (cid:449)ith hagia ofia"s christ (cid:448)ersio(cid:374) Byzantine art had i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)t (cid:272)o(cid:374)tri(cid:271)utio(cid:374) to pietro(cid:272)a(cid:448)ali(cid:374)i"s (cid:449)ork. Head of mary almost touching head of christ. Can see certain areas that are unfinished. 2 figures in the bottom half can be seen from behind (gives illusion of greater space) Minimize use of line in drapery closeness of heads between mary & christ stylized drapery. ^ clothing has a lot of patterning and lines. Halo used for apostles, christ, etc. Some are used at angles (at ends of table) Mary is in blue (used lapis lazuli) iena (city) Face of mary: angle of head, use of green underpainting giving shadows. Roman technique of tipping table up towards the viewer. Figures placed in front of the architecture (est. sense of space) Front apostles have no halos (only ones in the background do)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers