1. All species have such great potential fertility
2. Populations tend to remain stable in size
3. Environmental resources are limited
4. Individuals of a population vary extensively in their characteristics
5. Much of this variation is heritable
-Can individuals evolve?
No. You can’t change your own genetics. The genotype you have is the one you get.
Individuals don’t evolve. Populations evolve.
-Natural selection can amplify or diminish only heritable traits. Acquired
characteristics cannot be passed on to offspring.
-Evolution is not goal directed and does not lead to perfection.