BIOL 2905 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Pyruvic Acid, Phosphorylation, Glycolysis

13 views3 pages

Document Summary

Key ter(cid:373)s defi(cid:374)es for respiratio(cid:374: electron carrier: molecules that are capable of accepting electrons from one molecules. They can donate them to another molecule in the process of electron transport. As electrons are transferred from one electron carrier to another, their energy level decrease & energy is released: nad & donating electrons. Low energy from nad+ is raised to high energy form nadh: intermembrane space: it"s the spa(cid:272)e (cid:271)etwee(cid:374) the i(cid:374)(cid:374)er & outer membrane of mitochondria. Proton gradient is created in the intermembrane by the. This gradient is used to drive oxidative phosphorylation: matrix: it"s the i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)al spa(cid:272)es e(cid:374)(cid:272)losed (cid:271)y i(cid:374)(cid:374)er (cid:373)e(cid:373)(cid:271)ra(cid:374)e. the ker(cid:271) Its also the site if the electron transport chain: glycolysis: it"s a set of 10 enzyme catalyzed reactions that breakdowns glucose to releasing energy & pyruvates. from aerobic & anaerobic cellular respiration. Takes place during glycolysis (cytoplasm) & citric cycle (matrix).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers