CRIM 2653 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Intellectual Disability, Research, Sewage Treatment

60 views3 pages
30 Nov 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Crim 2653 lecture 06 research ethics i. The concerns, dilemmas, and conflicts that arise over the proper way to conduct research. Balance the pursuit of knowledge with the rights of research participants. Research ethics- rules that corresponds to participant in studies. Nazi do(cid:272)tor: joseph me(cid:374)gele"s t(cid:449)i(cid:374)s tud(cid:455)- torture of twins to measure their response (cid:862)the fruit of the poiso(cid:374) tree(cid:863) (cid:862)illegal sear(cid:272)h a(cid:374)d seizure(cid:863). A(cid:374) a(cid:272)t that is (cid:272)o(cid:374)tro(cid:448)ersial results i(cid:374) the dismissal of the study. The ends justify the means as one side of the argument. The good outcomes act- we can condemn the acts but accept the results. Slippery slop- the justification of unethical studies. Recruited 40 african men and affected them of syphilis (no cure) and the research on the effects on african american men. The subjects were illiterate and could not challenge the paperwork associated. Study began in 1932 by u. s. public health service. Examined untreated cases of syphilis to determine natural course of disease.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers