Economics (1,498)
ECON 1000 (462)

Introduction to the Supply Curve

1 Page
Unlock Document

York University
ECON 1000
Kieran Furlong

Microeconomics (ECON 1000) DAY 3 – September 13 th Supply - Supply = quantities of goods and services supplied by firms at every price ceteris paribus; relationship between 2 variables, price (P) and quantity ((Q) for the market, and (q) for the household), holding all other variables constant o Supply functions are upward sloping o Marginal cost concept = if the last unit of that thing is worth the cost of that thing o As price goes up, the firm produces more units, but only up to a certain amount  As the number of units increase, the cost per unit usually is higher o Cost per unit has to be less than how much you’re making off that unit  Example: If the wage is $20, someone will work a number of hours that are worth less than $20  Example: If the wage is $20 and my hour is worth $18, but I have to do an input of something worth $3 (be it gas to drive there or whatever)  If there is a change in variable cost per unit, there is a shift in supply (it decreases) by that amount - Fixed cost = a cost that is constant, no matter the amount of units produced o This does not have an effect on determining the price of units  Example: If I produce 10 un
More Less

Related notes for ECON 1000

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.