Professional Writing: Process and Practice
EN 1700 – Fall/Winter 2009/2010 – Jan Rehner
Lecture 13 – Maus I – Jan 11
- Serialized in a magazine called ‘RAW’.
- Intended to be comics for adults.
- Push beyond the prejudice that comics couldn’t be used to treat serious subjects.
- Used against the prejudice that comics were all about super heroes and super
- Medium couldn’t be easily categorized.
- People call Maus a biography.
- Text embedded inside the text. ‘Prisoner on hell planet’.
- Comics are composed in panels or frames an