Shakeel Dilbar – 211341815 – NPRI Data Reading Commentary
Environment Canada: National Pollution Release Monitoring Network Report for
registered Pollution Assessment companies near my place of residence
What substances are listed as being released by the ABC Group Inc.: Plastics
Manufacturing Company facility?
• Motor Vehicle Plastic and Metal Parts
• Toluene/ Xylene
• Carbon Dioxide
• Methyl ethyl ketone
• Volatile Organic Compounds 1
1Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are organic compounds containing one or more carbon atoms that evaporate readily to the
atmosphere. VOCs do not include photo chemically non-reactive compounds such as methane, ethane and the chlorofluorocarbons
(CFCs) These substances are entering the environment near my home (Etobicoke Region of Ontario)
from the following sources:
• Industrial, Commercial and Consumer Products
• Vehicles, Engines and Fossil Fuel Emissions
• Transport Emissions associated with Industrial Production & Household Use
• Industrial Waste Emissions from factories, mining and forestry activites.
Which province is the largest source of air releases of greenhouse gases in Canada in 2006?
Alberta was the largest source of air releases of greenhouse gases in Canada with
115,935,266 tonnes of CO eq2ivalent accounting for 42.44% of Canada’s Total GHG emissions