HIST 1180 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Glass Ceiling, Problem Gambling, Risk Aversion

86 views2 pages
20 Sep 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

In economics, money is defined as a medium of exchange: money is an invisible conduit and it can provide a fluid mechanism to make exchanges possible. Money is defined as a unit of account so it is a kind of object that does measuring. Money is defined as a store of value so it is the idea of hanging on to money now and using it for later. Do i make money or does money make me: people are shaped by ideas about money through childhood and culture and society, money is emotionally confused structure that makes us more intimate to it. Readi(cid:374)gs o(cid:374) (cid:862)mo(cid:374)eygra(cid:373)s(cid:863: they are messages in our minds that are from our early childhood, mo(cid:374)e(cid:455) se(cid:272)re(cid:272)(cid:455) i(cid:373)pa(cid:272)ted adults" fi(cid:374)a(cid:374)(cid:272)ial (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour. In the mind, money as: money is may be for your unconsciously like a poison pill controlling your soul, acts as a report card on life, measure of self-worth as a person.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers