HLST 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Old Age Security, Food Security, Social Exclusion

56 views8 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 7: gaining knowledge about the determinants of health. Research methodology: is essentially the essence of how we nd things out with the len(s) that we have chosen as our chose of apparatus. Increased prevalence of diabetes in ontario among low income residents, Figure 1: diabetes prevalence by age and income. Income: all participants live well below the statistics canada pre-tax low-income cut o of, ,200 for single individuals, ,396forfamiliesoftwo, ,450 for families of three, and ,400 for families of four. Impact of income: right now i am getting one thousand three hundred from the ontario disability. Support program (odsp) but i"m really having problems because my husband passed away a few months ago and he was getting transferred from odsp to old age. Food: 72% of participants indicated that they lacked the economic resources required to acquire the kind of diet they knew they must follow.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers