HLST 2040 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Cancer Care Ontario, Personal Health Record, Electronic Health Record

110 views12 pages

Document Summary

Lhins to pay for hospitals, ccacs, ltcs, etc. Healthcare is funded by the province which is responsible for setting overall direction and delivering care. Healthcare administration moved from provincial level to local level. Allocate funds to healthcare providers in the region. Work with providers to make decisions at local level. Note: lhins do not pay physicians, public health, ambulances or provincial networks such as cco. Note: compensation and benefits for hospital staff such as nurses, physicians mostly paid directly by ohip, hospital foundations cover expenses not paid by lhin. Primary care, hospitals, emergency care, ambulatory care. Chronic care, palliative care, community care access centre (ccac) Public health, telehealth, and family health teams. Enabling physicians and healthcare providers establish and maintain electronic health records. Health informatics the application of information and communications technologies (ict) to healthcare settings. Embodies data from various sources, including health practitioners, hospitals, clinics and labs. Emr ele(cid:272)tro(cid:374)i(cid:272) re(cid:272)ord i(cid:374) a physi(cid:272)ia(cid:374)"s (cid:272)li(cid:374)i(cid:272)al (cid:373)a(cid:374)age(cid:373)e(cid:374)t syste(cid:373)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers