HLST 1010 Lecture 6: Lecture 6 - Concepts of Health, Illness, and Health Care IV

56 views3 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 6: concepts of health, illness, and health care iv. Human rights approach: inserting health in a justice framework of health and equity (rioux, 2006, concern with issues of equity and human rights (braveman & gruskin, 2003: strengthens role of public health in fostering conditions and opportunities for health and linkages between poverty and health, highlights responsibility of governments to protect human rights. Health good practice and the right to health good practice i. Health good practice and the right to health good practice ii: directs attention to vulnerable populations, i. e. , those living in poverty, in process and outcome, good practice is consistent with the enjoyment of all rights. Farmer (1998): new agenda for health and human rights i. Establish health and healing as core of agenda to engage health professions: highlight service provision as key to the agenda, develop new research agendas interdisciplinary, i. e. , a new sociology of knowledge".

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers