HRM 3440 – Leadership (4)
September 27 2012
Leadership profile – determination, charismatic, courageous/fearless, morality and ethics, etc
- What is it about leadership trait of others that you find most remarkable? courage, and
- What are your strongest/weakest leadership traits? How do you know? charismatic and
determination // weakest trait -
- Have your traits changed over the years? yes I grew from being shy to someone who is
comfortable public speaking and have gain the experience of coming out of my bubble
- Which traits do you consider most important in further developing you as a leader? courage
and having a solid goal
- How do you intend to work around traits that you cannot easily change? I intend to learn
more about myself to develop leadership traits that I think will benefit me in the future
- Chapter 2 – traits questionnaire
- Make sure everybody’s voice is heard – democratic leadership and take majority of the
- Your job to make everybody happy and if it doesn’t happen then you would have to make the
- Contribution you make to the group, size of the group, time management, relationship
- Need for control – lack in trust, inclusion and affection
- What are some of the tasks you must attend to as a leader?
- Does that affect your ability to handle relationships?
- Do you spend more time on tasks or dealing with relationship issues when you lead? Why?
Recognizing Your Philosophy & Style of Leadership Attending to Tasks and Relationships
- What is our philosophy of leadership
- What are your beliefs about human behaviour?
- What sort of leader do you consider yourself to be:
- Democratic – listen to everyone
- Authoritarian leaders perceive
Outcomes of Authoritarian Style Positive Outcomes:
- Efficient & productive
- More can be accomplished in a short period of time
- Fosters dependence, submissiveness & decreases individuality
- Can create hostility & discontent
- Subordinates are capable o