HRM 3450 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Confirmation Bias, Representativeness Heuristic, Problem Solving

128 views3 pages

Document Summary

Good reputation for valuing all types of workers. If organization hires a subset of workers it will miss out on great workers (competitive advantage: marketing- meet and develop products for a wide range of people, creativity and 5. Problem solving- people from different backgrounds bring greater creativity (i. e. different life experiences) Also: economic/commercial- because it affects the bottom line (i. e. cost effective, moral/social- because it is the right thing to do. It is socially acceptable: legal- because there are (cid:523)likely(cid:524) penalties if we don"t. Non-dominant characteristics: identifiability: physical and cultural traits that make it possible to single them out for different treatment i. e. jews in germany, differential power- the actual use of resources to influence and control others i. e. education, health care. Canada: group awareness- the unfair treatment of certain groups leads them to realize that they are subject to differential treatment just because of their group membership or affiliation with certain groups.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers