November 6 , 2012 th 11/6/2012 8:40:00 AM
Male and female biological sexes are not enough – there exists a variation
Questioning the notion of : understanding of biological and also the
understanding of gender!
Freud – homosexuality and lesbianism as a third sex
- as having a female and male brain
- it was a sexual intrusion and/ or contrary feelings
- he translated this biological sex into behaviours – females as
manliness and males and female like
Macho and homosexual – transsexual and transgender
- we have made them synonyms to indicate alliance with ones sexuality
– the discourses that we use have naturalizing effect
SYMBOLIC POWER – that masculinity carries with it - Kimmel argued –
essentially the penis is a basis for cultural mascunility
This kinda of masculinity (hegemonic) as become our to express male
power and dominance.
Femininity is lesser of the sex! Losing the phallus
- idea of women achieving maturity (orgasm) only through vagina and
the need for some men to feel the need to control women!
COMPULSIVE HETEROSEXUALITY OR HETERONORMATIVITY (normalizing
Heteronormativity – the naturalization of heterosexuality
Allinging relationships with sex, sexual identity and gender