Human Rights and Equity Studies
Course
HREQ 1930
Professor
Leo Stan
Semester
Winter

Description
Inequalities in the Work-place & Health Outcomes One issue that the article raises but doesn't sufficiently address the issue of health inequalities within the work-place, particularly the correlation between unemployment and its relationship with health outcomes. The article attempts to identify this issue in some detail, but I will try to go beyond the course readings and explore deeper into the issue in ways that the reading does not. Health inequalities in the work-place is a significant determinant of one's health. Employment status and quality of work exert the strongest effects on individual health outcomes during adulthood, which is a significant determinant of one's health. Those unemployed or without a job face more severe health issues, particularly those living in low income communities. Communities with lower long- term employment rates and higher unemployment rates often have poorer health outcomes in regards to higher mortality rates, worse health conditions, and shorter life expectancies. Employees of a lower socio-economic status, particularly immigrant workers, are more likely to be exposed to unstable working conditions and face increased health risks than their counterparts. The experience of lasting unemployment goes well beyond income loss and 1bject poverty, and directly affects both me
More Less

Related notes for HREQ 1930

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit