ITEC 4030 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Railways Act 1921, Parallax, Principles Of Grouping

62 views4 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 2b: understanding users; perception, attention, memory: model of mind consists of, perception, attention, and memory. Experiential vs reflective cognition: experiential, perceive, act, and react to the environment i. e. driving a car, reflective, thinking, comparing, and decision making i. e. writing a book, requires different types of interface support. Automatic vs controlled cognitive process: automatic i. e. sensory motor tasks riding a bike, we act w/o thinking, doesn"t occupy brain capacity, difficult to change, controlled, requires thinking, conscious control/attention, easier to change i. e. writing a book. Perception: what we see is transformed into experiences. Constructivist theory: view of the world is constructed from what we see in the world and previous knowledge, quickly identify a dog walking in a park, we make sense of things through what we see + knowledge. The hypothesis theory: based on stimuli, we form hypothesis about the world, we assume how things are meant to be used, but perceptions can be ambiguous i. e. illusions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers