KINE 1000 Lecture Notes - Turn To The Right, Food Security, Food Desert
DepartmentKinesiology & Health Science
Course CodeKINE 1000
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Test Oct. 15 2012/ lecture notes:
Examining food as a site of complex personal. Poitical, and cultural meanings:
Growing contradictions for the modern eater.
- Sample questions:
- “what should we have for dinner’
FOOD AS CELEBRATION, AFFECTION, CARE AND CONCERN
- CAKE AS SYMBOL OF CELEBRATION (E.G., BBIRTHDAY WEDDING)
- MAJOR HOLIDAYS ORGNIZED AROUND FOOD (E.G., THANKSGIVING)
- RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS (E.G, RAMADAN AND EID-AL FITR)
- FOOD AS MEDICINE (E.G., CHICKEN SOUP)
- FOOD (AND FOOD PREPARATION) AS PART OF FAMILY.
FOOD INDUSTRY AND THE SIMULATION OF CHOICCE AND DMAND
- WHEN WE ARE GIVEN RED AND YELLOW IN REFRENCE TO FOOD, WHAT DO YOU
SEE? ACCORDING TO AN EXTENSIVE RESEARCH, YELLOW AND RED COLOURS THAT
STIMULATE YOUR APPETITE.
- IF YOU WALK INTO A STORE, YOU WOULD MORE LIKELY TURN TO THE RIGHT SIDE.
NORTH AMERICANS WASTE A LOT OF FOOD, FRUITS, AND ETC.
DIET: A MULTIBILLIONARE DISPLINE IN CANADA. STARS AND ACTORS SPEND MILLIONS TO LOSE
Competitive eating competitions.
TLC television Show on cookie jar.
Blaming people for over eating, when we are actually advertising it all over the media.
Food security exists when all people at all-times have access to sufficient, safe and notorious
food to maintain healthy and active life.
The pillars of food: food availability, food access, food use.
Poor people are poor because their lazy: NOT TRUE!!
Low economic status creates an automated diet which is very unhealthy for your body.
Urban food desert.
Maple leaf gardens (I must go there) downtowon, college.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version