Sport and International Development 03/04/2014
Changing the World via Sport
• Sport is not neutral . Who benefits the most out of it?
• Some groups own sports (fifa owns soccer)
• Is it a tool for teaching “first world youth” leadership skills? Does it take into account the wants and
needs of those they plan to serve?
• Why some rich countries are poor. Lets see the American case.
• First to North America came to settle running away from poverty and religious persecution. In
opposition to the Latin American colonizers who came to take natural resources back to Spain.
• Then, they established a successful economic system based upon two genocides: native Americans
and use of slaves
• Then, they went for the natural resources mainly in Latin America, Asia and Africa
• ho benefits out of their poverty?
How the resource rich countries had to give up their resources due to consistent threats and attacks from