Lecture 1: Healtth Care Systems
- Health is a state of compelte physical mental and social well being- not only the
absesnce of disease.
- Being healthy suggests a connection between body, mind, and spirit.
-> Spirit being thought of as "breath" or "energy".
- Bahviours, genes, community & society, and hte environment controbute to
making one healthy.
- The Canadian Health Care Concept is that everyone has acsess to healthcare and
via lifestyle, human biology, and the Health Care Organization.
- New prespective on reasons for health for Canadians
-> Flourishing Environment
-> Prosperous Economy
-> Vibrant and Just Society
- A Built Environment is a community designed to promote health and wellness
(Ex: parks, trains, things that promote physical activity).
- Everyone who needs medical attention in Canada can get it (covering physicians
- Interlocking set of ten provinces and three territorial health ensurance plans
- OHIP be physically present in ontario for 153 days in order to reci