Management (455)
MGMT 1000 (98)
all (4)

Class 6 Guest Speakers.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

York University
MGMT 1000

Class 6: Panel  Jane Gilbert: Cheif Communications Officer of Nature Conservancy Canada  Not for profit; helps conserve the environment  Been in NFP for 4 years; prior that spent 30 years in profit (broadcasting)  Spent last 10 years of first portion of career with discovery  received annual bonuses  Eventually reached a point where she thought how can I use my skills to achieve different things  Change in frame of reference; from very profit driven to being truly devoted to the mission of the company  Encourages awareness about the organization  largest private NFP working in the land conservation area  Revenue: 80 million to 100 million yearly  Science, Securement, & Stewardship  Science:  Securement: how they acquire the land through real estate  Stewardship: responsibility to care for that land in the future  Non-advocacy organization  Bring together partners to find creative sustainable solutions  they are social entrepreneurs: seek creative and value added solutions  Partnership is a large part what they do; work with governments; corporations;  that intersection is an interesting one; corporations working with this kind of firm is a chance for them to build a rep; brings NCC money & other support but the more they engage in these partnership; the more interesting are the relations  they work with any organizations looking for bona fide work but they work within the NCC framework Claudia De Simone , Director: Ashoka Canada  Social entrepreneurship: innovative, system changing new ideas to solve current social problems  Measuring social impact & , strong ethical fiber; once people pass the test, they are known as ashoka
More Less

Related notes for MGMT 1000

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.