NATS 1700 Lecture Notes - Fujifilm, Manchester Small-Scale Experimental Machine, Analytical Engine

111 views29 pages

Document Summary

Informal and unedited notes, not for distribution. (c) z. stachniak, 2011. Note: in the case when i was unable to nd the primary source of an image or determine whether or not an image is copyrighted, i have speci ed the source as. I will provide full information about images and/or obtain reproduc- tion rights when such information is available to me. By the 1930s, mechanical and electromechanical calculators from burroughs, Felt & tarrant, marchant, monroe, remington, victor, and other manufac- turers had penetrated all aspects of a modern o ce operations. It seemed that the mathematical tables could handle the rest in science and engineering. However, certain branches of science and engineering reached a calculat- ing barrier that prevented further progress unless an automated method of dealing with complex operations, such as solving linear equalities, di erential equations, etc. could be found.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers