PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Meghan Markle, Serena Williams, Psychological Science

17 views2 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Humans can"t rely solely on intuition and common sense. He says to himself, i bet that it"s going to rain this afternoon. Overestimate our performance, our rate of work, our skills, and our degree of self-control. Overconfidence is a problem in eyewitness testimony (you"re just using. People are much more certain than they are accurate a script to fill in what you don"t know about that situation) Why we make these errors: from an evolutionary perspective. Hindsight bias: trying to figure out why it occurred. Perceiving order: helps us make predictions, ex: doing something before watching a match (i. e. growing your beard before watching the stanley cup, or wearing your lucky t-shirt before you go somewhere important) If our intuition gives us the right answer, we believe in it more ( i knew serena williams was going to lose because meghan markle was there, not because i know anything about tennis")

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers