Class Notes (839,559)
Canada (511,394)
York University (35,597)
Psychology (4,109)
PSYC 2030 (189)
Lecture 5

Introduction to Research Methods: Lecture 5 **SHORT ANSWER QUESTION REVEALED** Plus multiple choice hints!**

5 Pages

Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 2030
Professor
Rebecca Jubis

This preview shows pages 1 and half of page 2. Sign up to view the full 5 pages of the document.
Description
Intro to Research Methods Lecture 5 13-02-14 7:24 PM Interaction Effects • Occurs when the effect of one IV depends on the level of another IV. Remember: Factorial Design means there is more than one IV involved. **SHORT ANSWER for Test 2:Look at a matrix and come up with the corresponding graph; or a graph and come up with corresponding matrix.** Interaction Effects Ceiling Effect (Appears as Interaction Effect, but does not display an opportunity to get a higher score, causing a misinterpretation of data) (i.e. only having 40 questions on a test and first IV getting consistent 40 but no opportunity to improve) Ceiling Effect- this occurs when scores on 2 or more conditions are near the maximum, it can give the impression that no differences exist between conditions. Floor Effect (a group cannot get any lower) (i.e. the first group regarding behaviour may not be able to possibly get any lower than zero after a treatment, so can be misinterpreted) 2x2x2 ABC A B C AxB AxC BxC AxBxC *most important to publish because it shows an overall reaction **Will NOT be tested on any statist
More Less
Unlock Document

Only pages 1 and half of page 2 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit