PSYC 2030 Lecture Notes - David Buss, Behaviorism, Observational Techniques

22 views5 pages

Document Summary

Lecture two: methodological pluralism: multiple methods to investigate same phenomena, i. e. : procrastination studies obtain data through self report data like questionnaires, i. e. : psychotherapy transcripts- obtain data through taped recordings of therapist and client. They look at qualitative ways of understanding what happens between therapist and client: i. e. : behaviour of orangutans observational techniques. Obtain data through watching subject in their natural habitat. Physical (chemical imbalance of certain neurotransmitters), social, and environmental factors: different psychiatrists will have different ways of interpreting the same data. This is problematic: david buss women want due to different reasons: evolution, social, hormonal etc. : showed a group of behaviourists and a group of freudians a video. The tape was a young person talking about himself. They edited out the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes. They said to both groups to watch it and give, to the best of clinical ability, an overall estimate of their overall global adjustment.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers