PSYC 2030 (189)
Lecture 7

Lecture 7 – Research.docx

4 Pages
Unlock Document

York University
PSYC 2030
Krista Phillips

Lecture 7 – Research 3/8/2012 12:34:00 PM -There are factors on all of the designs can play the validity of a study -Is my study confoundable, am I missing an important consideration?  Confound = any variable that varies with independent variable that could potentially provide a different explanation of your results -confounding variables come from different places **confounding can occur if the independent variable is not defined specifically enough Descriptive Statistics vs. Inferential Statistics -Best way to describe a data depends on the data  Descriptive statistics includes collecting, organizing, summarizing, and presenting data.  Inferential statistics is when we “make inferences”, do hypothesis testing, determine relationships, and make predictions. Probability sampling -representativeness  sample has to be representative of the larger population -self selection bias  whenever you recruit participants  Hite – 90% of married feel emotionally neglected in their marriage o –criticized her survey was sent out to select women o 4.5% was returned  must make sure various groups within your population has been p
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2030

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.