PSYC 2130 (210)
Lecture 8

lecture 8.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

York University
PSYC 2130
Ravi Naimpally

Week 8: Security -Mycenaean’s: Strife in the House of Atreus -Oedipus (cast him into wilderness to die. Cruelty of parents) -Virgin Mary (demand for mary, people wanted to worship her, communal love figure, who resurrected suffering hero -Freud: Psychosexual Development (Freuds followers rejected this and moved toward psychosocial) -if mother didn’t nurture properly you would be fixated -Oral (could be orally fixated if you didn’t get enough oral action when younger) related to security, have someone respond to you for the need of food -Neo (new) -Maslow (Higher needs are built upon..lower needs need to be fulfilled first before you more up) -Early needs for security not met, you have constant goal for connection -Stage of psychosocial Development -Erikson( preferred this social interpretation, not really sexual. -Basic trust (do people care about me) -Autonomy (do things on my own without being shameful..first time pooing in a potty by themselves) -Initiative (Learning to exercise power, to demand what you want. Try to get mom instead of the dad for example) -Industry (7-12, stage of developing competence, ex. Learning how to follow norms, to play soccer etc) -Identity (knowing who you are then know you’re conscious, and then learn how to love) -Intimacy (love and give back -Generativity ( -Integrity(old age, peace of mind stage, where you lived a good life, feel peaceful, balanced) -Karen Horney ( said that Parental difference is evil) -moving against (turning your back -Moving away from (I don’t need you you need me) -basic hostile to anxiety -Bowlby (ps
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2130

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.