Autistic Savant Syndrome
Monday, January 28, 2013 11:00 AM
THE BOY WITH THE INCREDIBLE BRAIN
- Can work with big numbers and any numbers in his head
- Also a wizard with words, knows 9 languages and says he can learn to speak a new one in just a week.
- Orlando can recall calendar dates and weather for each day after an accident
- As a child, Daniel cried non-stop till the age of 2, was only soothed by repetitive, constant swaying side to side.
- did not integrate well with other children
- Can see any number up to 10,000 as a distinct shape or image, or experience a certain emotion
- One criterion missing to warrant diagnosis is it’s not getting in the way of his usual life
- Dane is also a savant
- he can draw extremely well
- he can describe what’s going on inside his head