Social Science
Course
SOSC 1000
Professor
Terry Conlin
Semester
Summer

Description
My goal as the group leader is to engage the group members into a discussion and to encourage them to express their opinion. When in group, I will present a question and each participant will give his answer to the question. After each answer, group members will be asked to give a feedback. The first question will address the Glasbeek readings. I will first make sure that all participants are aware of what corporate form is and who owned Westray mine. Second, I will ask how this type of management influenced the events subsequent to the disaster. The second question will deal with Richard’s statement that Westray was a predictable tragedy. I will ask the group to describe the conditions in the mine prior to the disaster and explain how these events foretold what was to come. I will also ask the team to explain the meaning of an unpredictable disaster and express their opinion on whether any disaster could be preventable. The third question will inquire
More Less

Related notes for SOSC 1000

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit