Social Science
Course
SOSC 1950
Professor
All Professors
Semester
Fall

Description
SOSC 1950 RESEARCH PAPER Worth: 40%  st Due: March 31  2014   Pages: 12 to 15 (as a guideline)  Font: unspecified but times new roman 10­12 point font size is the basic format used in  most papers so you may want to use that. To get you motivated to write this research paper start by asking yourself: What is  something that I want to know about? What am I curious about? What do I want to spend  in terms of time and effort trying to learn? What do you want to know that contributes to  you and to your education? You are to then define a problem, a subject, or question that falls into the parameter of  this course and write a research paper on it. It can be about something that has to do with  next. What is that thing is for you to decide. You can learn about something that matters  to you through this research paper such as politics, economics, climate, or pandemics.  In this class only, you can use the first person and not the third person where you can  imply that the professor is the sole reader of this research paper. (He'd prefer you stick to  the academic convention of using the third person but he will allow first person). Just  make sure to write about it from future tense and not past tense (so for example no  industrial revolution). Also, make sure to quote and reference, don't paraphrase.  OUTLINE  INTRO: (10­15%) In academic speak, thesis or hypothesis (call this the subject which is what) followed by  relevance (which is why) and end it with method (which is how).  The INTRO has THREE structures to it:  1. First part of the intro: THE WHAT Provide a general intro down to a specific statement of what you're talking about in this  paper. So give a specific single all­inclusive sentence that tells the professor what your  paper is about. For example: "This paper will address the issue of..." or "This paper will  examine…"  2. Second part of the intro: THE WHY  In a paragraph or multiple paragraphs, explain why of all the things you could have  written/talked about you choose to write about this. Give reasons in a paragraph.
More Less

Related notes for SOSC 1950

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit