SOCI 3660 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Dust Storm, Marshall Mcluhan, Impression Management

36 views3 pages
28 Feb 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

We usually need to repair the interaction in some way. Interactionist call tis repair work aligning actions. Accounts: occur after the act; statements we make to explain unanticipated, inappropriate or questionable acts. Disclaimers: used before a potentially deviant act; a rationale we offer prior to taking part in questionable behaviour. Excuses: accounts in which one admits that the act in question is bad, wrong or inappropriate, but denies full responsibility (example: sorry i was late for class, my dog ate my homework) Justi cations: accounts in which one accepts responisbilyt for the act in question, but denis the pejorative quality associated with it (example: yes i steal from my work, but the company treats us like garbage) Sensation: information fathered through our sensory/ experience with the world (we see, touch, taste, hear and smell things) and we also feel some of the physiological process going on inside of us (our heart rate increasing)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers