SOCI 2030 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Operational Definition, Job Satisfaction, Law School Admission Test

36 views7 pages
31 Jan 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Criteria for measurement quality: precision and accuracy born in pei), p. 129, reliability object/person, precision: fineness of distinctions made between attributes composing a variable. May not be have been collected each time in repeated observations of the same phenomenon identical but it must have a similar result. Reliability: reliability refers to the likelihood that a given measurement would yield the similar, not identical description of a given phenomenon if that measurement were repeated. I use education to measure ses and you use the same indicators you should come up with similar results indicating the person"s economic statements. If i gave you an examination last monday, then, this. Monday, i gave you the same examination, and the same examination the following monday. In fact, i am concerned with the examination"s reliability. It is because i don"t know if it is a valid measurement for your intelligence. 130-131) actually happened may be different from one person to another.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers