Part 1- L5
- ODD and CD are classified under:
o Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
DSM-V classification- ODD
- Pattern of angry/irritable mood, argumentative/ defiant behavior, or vindictiveness lasting
at least 6 months, during which at least 4 of the following are present during interactions
with at least one individual who is not a sibling:
o Angry/Irritable mood
Often loses temper.
Is often touchy or easily annoyed
IS often angry and resentful
o Argumentative/Defiant behavior
Often argues with authority figures or adults.
Often actively defies or refuses to comply with authority figures/adults’
requests or rules.
Often deliberately annoys others.
Often blames others for his/her mistakes or misbehavior.
Has been spiteful or vindictive at least twice in the last 6 months
- Disturbance in behaviour is associated with distress in the individual or others in his/her
immediate social context, or it impacts negatively on social, educational, occupational or
other important areas of functioning.
- The behaviours do not occur exclusively during the course of a psychotic, substance use,
depressive or bipolar disorder. Also, the criteria are not met for a disruptive mood
DSM-V classification- CD
- A repetitive and persistent pattern of behaviour in which the basic rights of others or major
age appropriate social norms or rules are violated with the presence of at least three of the
following 15 criteria in the last 12 months from any category below, with least one criterion
present in the last 6 months:
- Aggression to people and animals
o Often bullies, threatens, or intimidates others.
o Often initiates physical fights
o Has used a weapon that can cause serious physical hard to others (e.g., a bat, brick,
broken bottle, knife, gun)
o Has been physically cruel to people
o Has been physically cruel to animals
o Has stolen while confronting a victim (e.g., mugging, purse snatching, extortion,
o Has forced someone into sexual activity
- Destruction of pr