SOC-3800 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Total Institution, G.I. Bill, Resocialization

29 views2 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Types of military service: voluntary: you agree by consent to participate willingly. Active duty, reserve, auxiliary: involuntary: you are forced to participate in the military, voluntary versus forced. Compulsory/mandatory service (iran, greece, russia, s. korea. Egypt) voluntary enlist, you have to provide him or her with incentives that outweigh the negative aspects. (cid:498)poverty draft(cid:499) (cid:523)c. wright mills(cid:524) if you want someone to loan repayment, college fund, skill training . Recruitment lies: (cid:498)the agreements in this section and attached annex(cid:523)es(cid:524) are me is not valid and will not be honored. (cid:499) Incentives: enlistment bonus, advanced rank, college: medical care, base pay, gi bill, honor, prestige all the promises made to me by the government. Reasons why people join the military today (esp. in the united states): 9/20/16: economic opportunity, honor, they think it will change their lifestyle (get them away from deviance)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers