CRJ 305 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Hegemonic Masculinity, Cyberstalking, Feminist Movement

28 views4 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 9: intimate partner abuse and stalking (november 3, 2016) Defining intimate partner abuse (ipa) and stalking. Victimization by a previous, current, or dating partner, lover or spouse. Unacknowledged victims when the abuse is nonviolent (non violent abuse is not reported to police. ) Excuses are used to deny responsibility and are related to situational characteristics (ex: i had to much to drink) Justifications are (cid:448)i(cid:272)ti(cid:373) (cid:272)hara(cid:272)teristi(cid:272)s that (cid:862)(cid:272)ause(cid:863) the a(cid:271)use deny wrongness (she made me do it: stalking: Course of conduct directed at a specific person that involves repeated visual or physical proximity, nonconsensual communication, or verbal, written, or implied threats, or a combination, that would cause a reasonable person fear. Most common victim-offender relationship is a current or former romantic partner. 1) occur between current/former people in relationship. 2) results in harm to the victim. 3) tactic involves domination and control: stalking tactics: Traditional following the victim, unwanted gifts and calls, spying, etc.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers