BIOL 1020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Vascular Bundle, Light-Independent Reactions, Photosystem I

40 views2 pages
30 Jan 2018
Department
Course
Professor
orchidtoad573 and 33 others unlocked
BIOL 1020 Full Course Notes
BIOL 1020 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
52 documents

Document Summary

Light reactions: linear electron flow (z scheme) Produces atp nadph and o2: cyclic electron flow. Cyclic electron flow: in cyclic electron flow electrons cycle back from the fd to the ps i reaction center, uses only photosystem i and produces atp but not nadph, no oxygen is released. Rubisco is the most abundant enzyme on the planet. The direct output of the calvin cycle is not glucose: it is glyceraldhyde - 3 - phosphate (g3p, better than glucose for energy. Rubisco: crucial for carbon fixation, source of energy for all heterotrophs, large chains synthesized by cdna small chains by ndna. C4 plants: minimize the cost of photorespiration by incorporating co2 into four carbon compounds, there are two distinct types of cells in the leaves of c4 plants. Bundle sheath cells are arranged in tightly packed sheathes around the veins of the leaf. Mesophyll cells are loosely packed between the bundle sheath and the leaf structure.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers