Music
Course
MUSI 2730
Professor
Vinson
Semester
Spring

Description
1. Haydn 2. Mozart 3. Mozart a. 1756­1791 b. Austrian composer, pianist, and violinist. Born in Salzburg c. Father (Leopold) was a composer d. Child prodigy composed music before age of 5 e. Traveled extensively, absorbed variety of music styles f. Rebelled and left  g. Struggled financially h. Married costanze weber against his fathers wishes i. Significant contributions in all music genres (symphony, sonata, concerto,  chamber music, opera, sacred music) j. Final years marked by fevered desperation k. Died at 35 possible from rheumatic fever, heart disease, or trichinosis l. Requimm mass was last work. Not finished before his death 4. Mozart’s Music a. Large compositional output for instruments i. Chamber music: favored string quartet ii. Social music: divertimentos and serenades iii. Piano music: 27 piano concertos (was virtuoso pianist) iv. Symphony’s: probably more than 50  v. Operas: 6 operas in all three styles of the period 1. Opera buffa: Italian comic opera 2. Opera seria: serious Italian 3. Singspiel: lighter form of German opera b. Eine kleine nachtmusik i. : A little night music ii. Serenade for strings (double string quartet plus double bass) iii. Intended for outdoor public performance iv. Four movements
More Less

Related notes for MUSI 2730

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit