NTRI 2000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Portal Vein, Endoplasmic Reticulum, Gastrointestinal Tract

47 views3 pages
28 Apr 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 3: the human body: a nutrition perspective. Cells: cells are the basic unit of life, each cell is self contained living entity, specialized structures c. i. Cell membrane- separates cell from outside environment, intracellular fluid from extracellular fluid c. ii. Cell nucleus- brain/controller contains dna (instructions for making proteins c. v. endoplasmic reticulum also smooth c. vi. Nutrients go in waste products go out d. ii. Carrier systems called active transport systems use atp. Cardiovascular system: consists of heart, blood vessels, and blood, heart- muscular pump of blood, right side of heart pumps blood to lungs and then back to the heart. Left side of the heart pumps blood to all other parts of body and back again: blood vessels that leave the heart are called arteries, while vessels that return to the heart are veins c. i. Arteries tend to be deeper and more muscular, higher pressure c. ii. Pulse felt by arteries: the business end of the cardiovascular system are the capillaries d. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers