FCFC 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Infant Formula, Bloating, Vomiting

37 views3 pages

Document Summary

Types of infant formula: modified (cid:272)o(cid:449)"s (cid:373)ilk, soy based formulas, hypoallergenic formulas. Partially hydrolyzed: premature formulas, follow up infant formulas. Symptoms for formula intolerance: excessive gas, bloating, diarrhea, abdominal distention and pain, vomiting, excessive crying, rash, allergic symptoms. Forms of infant formula: ready to feed. Usually most expensive form, requires no preparation: canned concentrate. Requires water to be added: powdered. Least expensive form, requires powder to be mixed with water. Safe preparations of infant formula: safe and sanitary procedures must be followed. Wash your hands before preparing formula: formula and water must be measured exactly. Too much water will cause the formula to be too low in calories and nutrient concentration. Too little water can cause diarrhea, dehydration, and excessive calorie intake. Introducing complementary foods: (cid:862)wi(cid:374)do(cid:449) of opportu(cid:374)ity(cid:863) for i(cid:374)trodu(cid:272)i(cid:374)g (cid:374)e(cid:449) foods a(cid:374)d ad(cid:448)a(cid:374)(cid:272)i(cid:374)g fla(cid:448)ors and textures occurs between 4-6 months through 10 months of age.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers