FCFC 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Anorexia Nervosa, Shool, Myplate

33 views2 pages

Document Summary

My plate suggestions for feeding preschoolers: balance calories to manage weight and prevent obesity. Maintain healthy eating habits and active lifestyle. Reduce sedentary behavior: reduce foods that are high in salt, added fats, and sugars. Increase consumption of healthy foods rich in nutrients by: Ensuring half the plate contains colorful vegetables and fruits. Switching to fate free or low fat 1% milk after the age of 2. Understanding the nutritional needs of school age children: school-age (cid:272)hildre(cid:374)"s rate of gro(cid:449)th is slo(cid:449) (cid:271)ut steady, nutrient requirements and portion sizes increase, eating habits are influenced by peer groups and media advertising. Characteristics of school-age childre(cid:374)"s diets: teachers should keep the following in mind: Recommended three meals and three snacks per day, including healthy midmorning snack. Breakfast is particularly important for intake of key vitamins and minerals and preventing obesity. S(cid:272)hool lu(cid:374)(cid:272)h plays a (cid:373)ajor role i(cid:374) i(cid:374) (cid:272)hildre(cid:374)"s diets. Importance of breakfast: children who eat breakfast experience benefits such as:

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers