JOU 3367 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Ap Stylebook, Press Release, Five Ws

49 views5 pages

Document Summary

Buy ads or trade out (trade them with the media for advertisement common in non- profits) You produce and print (i. e. brochures after test) Press release, media release, news release (most common) A tool, written in the form of a news story, to distribute news. Proper spelling and grammar, ap style, inverted pyramid (summary lead > 5 w"s), accuracy, attribution, context, brevity, conciseness. News values: timeliness, proximity, impact, magnitude, conflict, oddity, emotional appeal. Target recipients (don"t just send to the editor, but to the sports editor for a sports story) Time of day, time in advance of the event. Spot = happened on the spot (i. e. qb is hurt) Reaction = response to spot (i. e. his replacement) Hometown = specific to one location (i. e. high school volleyball player gets scholarship) Forms & elements of a news release (midterm list & discuss) Header: logo, organization name, phone numbers, mailing address (i. e. p. o. Box ###), delivery address (physical street location), website.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers