ECON1132 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Fiscal Policy, Keynesian Cross, Equilibrium Point

36 views1 pages

Document Summary

Econ1132: principles of macroeconomics- lecture 6: fiscal policy in the keynesian. Is determined by total spending, subject to an upper limit of q* Shows equilibrium as an intersection of c+i with q. If i rises, the new i spending creates new output, which adds jobs and raises disposable income. This increases consumption spending on a second round, which further raises output and c spending. Including government spending and taxes into the model: Assume no depreciation, no corporate retained earnings, no imports or exports. Di=q-t (t flows to government and the remainder goes to households as di) At equilibrium point, spending just equals output. Below equilibrium, spending exceeds output, firms respond to orders and thus increase output. Above equilibrium, spending is less than output, unsold goods pile up, firms cut back output. Don"t assume in general that the multiplier is equal to 1/(1-mpc) in this case. Tax multiplier: change in output/change in taxes mpc/(1-mpc)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers