Economics
Course
ECON 2209
Professor
Karagodsky
Semester
Fall

Description
EconStats Notes 10 April 2017 What does ; etc. in the interaction model mean? 1 2 W high level of education there is less income discrimination because they are working similar jobs. ^ ^ ^ wa^ge = ^ + 1edu + 2emale + e3uXfemale here refers to the amount wage increases if education goes up. 1 Female: binarydummy variable. In the picture we see that males and females start at lower wages but there is higher marginal benet to them going to college. Predicted wage for females: wa^ge = ^ + 1edu + 2 e3ucation wa^gem = ^ + 1edu This means that the starting wage for men is given by ^ and the starting wage ^ ^ for females is given by^ + 2and the dierence is equal to 2. Perfect Multicollinearity in this case, perfect is bad say the price of a house is: prici = + 1sqft: + 2sqm + i regress price of a house on square feet and square meters. Issue: square fee and square meters are two measures of similar things. you dont want a relationship between two variables Rules, can I express one variable in terms of the other? if two variables are highly correlated leave on out of the regression because their coecients are meaningless anyway. 1
More Less

Related notes for ECON 2209

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit