Honors Program
Course
HONR 1101
Professor
All Professors
Semester
Fall

Description
Emily McClure Exodus 20-34 On the first day of the third month (since they had left Egypt), the Israelites arrive in Sinai. They make camp there in the wilderness, and Moses goes up to the mountain of God. They talk and Moses conveys God’s first message there to the people: “You have seen how I treated the Egyptians and how I bore you up on eagles’wings and brought you to myself. Now, if you obey me completely and keep my covenant, you will be my treasured possession among all peoples, though all the earth is mine” (Exodus 19:4-6). After this, on the third day, God comes down to the peak of the mountain in fire and envelopes the peak in smoke, and He calls Moses to the peak to speak with Him. He then reveals the Ten Commandments in a very direct, forthright fashion. Some include: “You shall not kill. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal” (Exodus 20:13-15). These Commandments are not elaborated on much, considering they are pretty straightforward and self-explanatory. After He declares the Ten Commandments, He then goes into more detailed situations, which is interesting. For example, God describes His laws regarding trusts and loans, property damage, slaves, social laws, and religious laws. It is intriguing to read all of the different areas of life that God impacts and reigns over. Normally, I think of God as a ruler that determines basic morality and sets laws for our spiritual life. But here it is interesting to see that God takes over the role of all authority that we have in society now (like governors, mayors) and even sets the gui
More Less

Related notes for HONR 1101

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit