Boston College (3,500)
HONR 1101 (27)
All (26)

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Boston College
Honors Program
HONR 1101

Emily McClure Exodus 1-19 In the story of Moses, humans are seen contending with their Creator and arguing with Him frequently. Not only does Moses challenge God (at first), but the Israelites also question His presence and His adherence to His promises to them. Moses becomes frustrated at many points throughout his journey with God in leading the Israelites out of Egypt. He questions God’s judgment during their very first encounter when God tells Moses that He is choosing him to fulfill the covenant with Abraham and lead the Israelites out of Egypt: “But Moses said to God, ‘Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?’” (Exodus 3:11). Moses struggles with the idea that he is the chosen one. From this moment on, Moses continues to challenge God in this way until he fully trusts and puts his faith in Him. Even after God provides Moses with a full, detailed plan, Moses still struggles to accept his duty. Moses refutes, “‘If you please, my Lord, send someone else!’” (Exodus 4:13).Again Moses protests when God tells him to go to Pharaoh to speak of the Lord and ask that he let the Israelites go. It is not until Chapter 7 of Exodus, after God descriptively outlines the duties of both Moses and Aaron and foretells them of everything they are to expect during the process, that Moses finally obeys God without rebuttal. God tells them what to do, and finally: “This, then, is what Moses andAaron did. They did exactly as the Lord had commanded them” (Exodus 7:6). From this point on, Moses generally trusts in God’s plan more readily and obeys Him without much question, if any at all. This is not the case of all of the Israelites. That being said, Moses starts to become frustrated once more later in the story, but this time he is disheartened by the Israelites – not God. Moses leads the Israelites out of Egypt and God leads them through
More Less

Related notes for HONR 1101

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.