Information Systems
Course
ISYS 1021
Professor
Ransbotham/ Xu
Semester
Fall

Description
Chantz Delgado Assignment #5 1) According to the reading, users do not really searched the web, they search an  archived copy built by crawling and indexing discoverable documents. My most  used search engine is Google and I definitely fall under the category of not using  the full web engine. I did not know you could manipulate the search engine in  such ways that will display something so similar and minute to your initial search.  Additionally, since some website owners used techniques such as “html” to hide  their sites from popular search engines, using the advance search option will help  locate some of the “private” information that can be very useful. 2) Search engines discover pages on the Internet by using industry professionals to  place sites in order as if they are organic, or natural search. According to this  information, an algorithm developed by Google cofounder Larry Page called  “PageRank” allows the site to rank other websites based on the information  submitted in the search engine. Thus, the most visitors to a site will be first on the  ranking if it refers to the inform
More Less

Related notes for ISYS 1021

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit