MGMT1021 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Merit Pay, Social Comparison Theory

23 views3 pages

Document Summary

What leads to satisfaction (motivators) are not the same as what leads to dissatisfaction (lack of hygiene factors) b. ii. Key to the development of job design theory. Link to satisfaction but not necessarily motivation/productivity: equity theory (adams) c. i. When inequity is perceived, individuals strive to restore c. i. 4. People are motivated by the relative value of external c. ii. 2. Fairness and justice are key to motivation c. iii. Recognizes the importance of perception of rewards (fairness) not just quantity of rewards c. iii. 2. Harder for managers to deal with (can"t always impact: expectancy (vie) theory (vroom) perceptions and referents) d. i. M = ((e -> p) x (p -> o)) x v. Expectancy (try harder to do better) -> instrumentality (do better, better reward)-> valence (value of outcome to person) d. ii. If expectancy, instrumentality or valence is 0, motivation. Altruism or other kinds of motivation: motivation through rewards: practice, dimensions of a reward system a. i. Output vs. process / quantity vs. quality a. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers